Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 29 - In the past month, what have you learned?

Well as you all know I have worked at Wingers since I was 17 years old! One of my awesome friends Biz got me the job and I started out as a little Host!!! I made many friends and that place became more like my home! I turned to my fellow co-workers for everything! We spent our summers at the lake and our winters complaining and talking about when summer would come! I worked my way up to a server, then team leader, and then into Management! Although I loved my days at Wingers I knew as time went by it was time to grow up!



I applied one day for a front desk job at a Doctors Office! Scary right? No more sticky fingers and dirty clothes bleached by comet but a real job 8-5 no weekends and Scrubs!!!

I got the job and immediately fell in love! I still got to work with people and clean and organize things so the change went smoothly! Aysia who was the other front desk girl at Mountain Eye Institute trained, trained, trained me :) and then the day came that she left me :(



We then moved me in to her full time position and replaced me! Full Time that's right! That means paid time off and health insurance! Hooray! What a relief! Well that was only the beginning of it! Our office manager moved away so our Lead Tech took over her spot and we all know what that means another spot to fill! Well Dr. Anderson offered me the position and I was shocked honored and so so excited! I moved to the back office! I am now a Tech at Mountain Eye Institute! And I love it! I have never had this type of Challenge! Learning new things daily and although I have days where I don't think I can do it Chanc cheers me on and the girls at the office just remind me that I can do it! So if you ever need an Eye Exam or have Cataracts you will find me there! And I love it! I am so proud to say where I work and I think I work for the best Eye Guys in Southern Utah! I got to go to a work convention last week and wear a badge! It was so fun! I learned a lot and ate a lot! Needless to say I plan on being at Mtn. Eye for a very long time!!!!

Sorry this blog is all about Kayleigh and not really about Chanc but hey it was my time to sparkle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment